Witches of the Revolution
History Books Only Tell Half The Story
George Washington. Paul Revere. Alexander Hamilton. We know the names of these heroes. But there are others who fought for the cause of Liberty, secret cabals in a hidden war that historians never talk about. These witches of the Revolution, with names like Alasdair, Okomfo, and Gwenhwyfar, led the occult forces of this world and the next against the Tyranny of King George III.
Those Who Would Have Freedom Must Fight For It
In Witches of the Revolution, your deck is a coven of witches that you lead against foes both mortal and not on a desperate quest for Freedom. Unique deck-building rules allow you to recruit and hone your forces even as your enemy reveals itself. Your fellow players are your allies; teamwork is the key, but resources are limited, so every choice must be made with care. And time is the ultimate constraint; as the moon wanes, your power weakens and the crushing weight of Tyranny grows. Can you throw off the British yoke before it’s too late?
- A truly cooperative game in which every player can influence the outcome of every turn.
- Subtly different deck-building mechanics mean your deck can always evolve in response to threats, though over-tuning may leave you helpless when you most need it.
- Every time a deck is reshuffled the moon track advances, suppressing your power as it vanishes from the sky.
- Collect powerful relics to augment your might, but beware—they may only ever be used once.
- Resurrect Benjamin Franklin, imbue the Liberty Bell with mystical power, and achieve other equally supernal Objectives to swing the tide of battle towards Freedom!
- Supports solo play.
- The colonies of the Americas were a haven for the persecuted, but those who would have Freedom must fight for it!
Game Length: 30-60 mins